Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Balsamic Strip Steak with Goat Cheese


I present to you .... drumroll, please .... badly photographed food! What can you do? Sometimes you've grocery shopped, 30-day-shredded, walked, laundered, talked on the phone and there ain't no time to get a perfect shot of the food you cannot wait to get in your belly. Monday was one of those days.

As you know, we've been trying to eat lighter, with lots of fish and chicken and brown rice, so I decided to swing the pendulum in the Atkins direction and get some steak!

First, I drizzled my potato wedges with olive oil, then sprinkled them with blackening spice before roasting them for about 40 minutes in an oven set at 400 degrees.

Then, I patted my New York strip steaks with worcestershire sauce and a mixture of garlic and rosemary. I grilled them in a little olive oil and then, in a genius move worthy of a MacArthur Grant, I topped mine with a little goat cheese and balsamic glaze. It was every bit as good as that sounds.

Needless to say, I gotta go do some serious 30-Day Shred in preparation for tonight's Wine Club, which is titled "The Ultimate Mac and Cheese Throwdown and Oh Yeah, Wine, Too." Oh, it is going to be GOOD.

No comments: