Monday, December 30, 2013

The Holidays (So Far)

 Just popping in to wave hello and share some holiday pics so far! We're celebrating with Sean's family for the next couple days and then it's back to the real world...dun dun dun. Last week, we did a whirlwind tour visiting my dad, mom, hometown friends and grandma, plus we managed to see "American Hustle" and "Nebraska."

 I loved seeing my nephew, Spencer, who I only see once a year, but he's always so much fun! He's becoming so smart!

 I loved watching holiday movies with my mommy, who cries in all of them, just like me.

I was blown away by thoughtful presents from my friends, including the full set of American Girl Samantha books (I'm 9 years old again just looking at them!), YSL Touche Eclat concealer and Wise County-made wine.

 And it wouldn't be the holidays with them without naughty word games and Melrose Place cast pictures.

 Sean and I had a low-key Christmas morning together...he, as always, did his signature Christmas wrapping with newspaper.

I got up early and made Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, to at least make it feel a little more Christmasy (Sean had to work. boo!)

 I delighted in Sean's gifts to me: a Jackie O needlepoint pillow by Jonathan Adler and taco holders!

 For dinner I made an apple-stuffed, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin that was not really the best thing ever, but what can you do?


And we finished with mammoth pieces of Dewey's Moravian Sugar Cake and eggnog. It was too sweet and just perfect.

What was your favorite part of the holidays? Favorite gift: go!

No comments: